Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Ashton and Caleb Tie the Knot

Everyone knows I LOVE a good wedding! You would think I would be experiencing wedding overload with as many as we've been to lately but they never get old to me. We spent this past weekend in Bentonville at the wedding of our friends, Ashton Barnett and Caleb Collier. Both graduated from UCA with Sean and Caleb and Sean had classes together since freshman year. Sean was honored to be a groomsman.

My BF Meghan rode with us and we were able to spend a PERFECTLY breezy Saturday at the Pinnacle Hills Promenade Mall in Rogers, Ar. It is amazing! I received my FIRST paycheck that morning and tried to convince myself it is ok to spend a little money now...I'm getting warmed up to the idea!

The wedding was so personal and unique in alot of ways. I was even more emotional than I usually am! The stage was draped with large purple fabric panels and tea light candles were everywhere.



During their slide show at the beginning of the wedding, the letter they each wrote to each other was displayed. Caleb's words to Ashton were just too precious. She ended hers with, "Get excited...I'm about to make my grand appearance!!" :) I had chills.

As the groom and groomsmen walked to the front of the church, Brad Paisley's "Waiting on a Woman" began to play.

"He said the wedding took a year to plan.
Ya talk about an anxious man, I was nervous.
Waitin' on a woman.
And then he nudged my arm like old men do
And said, I'll say this about the honeymoon, It was worth it.
Waitin' on a woman."

The bridesmaid bouquets were beautiful with peacock feathers (my fave!) mixed in.

And as the last to proceed down the aisle before the bride, the little bitty ring bearer was pulled in a purple satin wagon donned with a sign proclaiming, "She's a comin'!


She was just beautiful, of course, as was the rest of the ceremony. As the minister declared, "Caleb, you may now kiss your bride," Caleb let out a "Woo hoo..." So cute. And as they kissed, James Brown let out a "Whooaah. I feel good."

And as they were finally announced as Mr. and Mrs. Collier (The minister forgot and had to be prompted by the bride!) the upbeat "This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)" began to play.

We headed to the reception, draped with purple walls and glowing with ambient lighting. As we began to eat, we were greeted by a video of the bride and groom on a big screen. "Hi, we're the Colliers!" they greeted. They said they were taking photos at the moment and would join shortly. They then laid out the rules for the night's reception. (Must dance, Do not mess with the purple walls, etc.) It was stinkin cute just like them and everyone clapped and cheered.

A candy bar for guests. Love the ring pops!


Their first dance




The bride requested "Dynamite" by Taio Cruz ("I throw my hands up in the air sometimes, saying AYO, Gotta let go. I wanna celebrate and live my life...) to dance with her dad later in the reception.


Me and Meghan...

Joanna came too!


Me and Sean...


Sean and his buddy...


The groom and I...


We really enjoyed the trip but are now looking forward to having a few weekends at home. Hopefully!

Congrats Ashton and Caleb! We wish you nothing by happiness.


XOXO,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from y'all! Tell me what you think.