Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy Spring!

We have welcomed Spring back into our lives, along with all the outdoor fun that comes with it. After surviving some early spring tornados and thunderstorms that hit the mid-south, I'm so ready for all the beauty and warmth that the season can offer.

Being spring, it is officially wedding season! Add to that being one half of an engaged couple in their mid twenties with lots of engaged twenty-something best friends, and you've got wedding season on SPEED! I am in 3 weddings in 5 months, being a maid of honor, a BRIDE, and a bridesmaid. This weekend, Sean and I helped host a couples shower for our friends Trevor and Whitney.

The cute little couple opening their gifts.

This picture makes me happy and sad...My bf since 4th grade is soon to be married. They grow up so fast!

I love indoor/outdoor parties. Lots of people were there to enjoy the perfect weather in the backyard by the fire.




Nina and Devin, shown chatting in the middle, are getting married October 1st and I am honored to be a bridesmaid.

My best friend Lindsay is getting married in June and I am honored to be her maid of honor. And she will be my matron.

My friends are just too pretty!

It was a fun party and a late night, and I'm still out of whack from springing forward. We had lots of great food. Here's what I brought as one appetizer. The other was a pizza I'll post later.

Mini Taco Cups

Ingredients:
  • 1 can refried beans
  • 1/2 pound cooked, taco seasoned meat
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1 bag Tostito "Scoops"
  • Shredded lettuce and chopped tomato
And I added Panchos Dressing (Love!)

Layer all ingredients inside the miniature chip "bowls". It's that easy! Well, Sean said it was a bit painstaking because his hands were too big to be doing something so little, because he did these while I made the pizza. But they were too cute for words and so yummy!


XOXO,
Katie



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from y'all! Tell me what you think.