Saturday, September 3, 2011

Old bookcase revamp: weathered, gray and chic

Happy Long Weekend! We are ecstatic to be back in "Honey-Do" mode, with a long list of projects to complete over Labor Day Weekend. Now that "Hurricane: Wedding" has subsided, we are back to the home improvement projects and DIYs we love so much. And I have a finished project for you in celebration!

This little one makes me all warm and fuzzy when I look at it now. I love when old pieces sit around for so long with no purpose, and then FINALLY the perfect vision allows them to find their place and be beautiful again. I've had these 2 bookshelves sitting in the garage for over a year. And they sat in Dad's attic for a decade before that. I'm pretty sure they were in my room when I was little.

My project for the weekend is our dining room, the space we haven't touched since we moved in almost a year ago. I had 2 lamps I got on sale at TJ Maxx several months ago that were waiting to have something to sit on in the dining room. Those little bookshelves were perfect.

Before:


Not the most flawless finish:


After:

Gray paint in SW Pavestone with some distressing and glazing in Smoke.



I covered the backs of the shelves with patterned paper I had bought for the wedding and never used. Just paper and a little mod podge.





I don't think the pictures show just how cute they are!

I LOVE them.




Happy "First Day of Football" to you!
~The Gray's

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from y'all! Tell me what you think.