Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Crawfish Corn Soup and Cozy Fall Moments

The bright leaves are falling. 

 
The warm flannel sheets are on the bed. The seasonal sinuses and sniffles have hit us hard and it still feels like the most wonderful time of year! 

The warm nights by the fire and hot soup on the stove are the perfect cure. 

Well, mixed with some of these, of course. 

 

I've put in my good week of puny, sinus mess and now that I'm back to normal, it's Sean's turn. Last night, tacos were on the menu, but I rearranged after getting in and out of the car all day in rainy, cold weather. Crawfish Corn Soup was what we both needed.
 

It was so good for crawfish lovers and even better tonight as we enjoy what's leftover while sitting by the fire and catching up on dvr.



Here's the easy recipe I grabbed via Tastebook.com

Crawfish & Corn Soup

ingredients

  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 bell pepper, chopped
  • 3 stalks celery, chopped
  • 1 can Rotel Tomatoes
  • Emeril’s Essence
  • salt & pepper
  • 2 cans whole kernel corn
  • 1 can cream corn
  • 1 pound Crawfish
  • 1 can Evaporated Milk

directions

  • Sautee onions, bell pepper, celery, Essence & salt in butter.
  • Add Rotel & cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
  • Stir in corn, crawfish and milk.
  • Salt & pepper to taste.
  • Heat approximately 30 minutes.


But our very first trick-or-treaters were by far the MOST adorable. 



Avery and baby Hadley came to visit in their cowgirl and cow-girl costumes!

 


 How cute are they??

 Avery was such a big girl saying "trick or treat" just like mom told her. And she got the family treatment when it came to doling out the candy!


We played around for a minute while we waited for Seany to get home from work.


Yay, Seany's here!


 We ordered pizza and watched movies amidst the doorbell rings from superheros, princesses, and ninjas asking for candy. Since I was sick then, part of me wanted to turn the light out and retreat to my bed, but I didn't have the heart to. The kids made me smile and it was worth it.


 We're both recovering and starting to feel back to normal. Although the days are always long when you don't feel well, having a soft place to land at the end of the day is an absolute blessing.


Autumn Blessings,
The Grays

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from y'all! Tell me what you think.