Monday, July 30, 2012

Year One.

 
Today is our first anniversary!
Every year we’ve been together has been better than the last. Our first year of marriage has set the bar so very high, I cannot even fathom what we could be blessed with in the next year to come. I'm so full of love for him and it is the best feeling in the world. 
 I feel blessed to live a life in which I treasure the memories of our past and truly anticipate our future with absolute joy.  I'm always trying to find new ways to say 'I love you'.

I recently filled up our hallway corner with a wedding photo project. I found the perfect size window at ReStore for $12 and ordered a 20x30 black and white photo, taken just before our first look on our wedding day. I used Walmart for the first time for this kind of enlargement and was so happy with the quality.

 I placed a small console table in the corner to hold our wedding photo albums I made through Shutterfly. It lights up the once empty, bland hallway and makes that special moment visible every day.


I didn't have to do anything to the window at all other than taping the photo behind it and adding hanging wire. 
 

In the days that filled this first year of marriage, we shared 1 AWESOME honeymoon, 2 concerts and chats with the artist, 3 friends' weddings, and 4 fun vacations, including our recent anniversary celebration in JAMAICA! We adopted another dog into our family, built the field and home theater of Sean's dreams, and rang in another new year, together. 

 I don't know how I got to be so fortunate, but I try to pay it forward by giving of myself in any way I can. I don't know if that's enough but I am so grateful to have this man in my life that it's sure worth a try.


It's a comfort knowing that with this person as your teammate, you can make just about anything that is truly important to you, happen...together.
 
All the years of my life. 

Happy First, my boy!
~KK

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from y'all! Tell me what you think.