Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Tortellini Tomato Soup

The time in autumn when night begins to fall before I even get home from work, is right about the time that I literally could eat a different soup for supper every night of the week, and we just about do. I pull in the drive, pick up the day's mail and run in from the harsh, cold wind wanting nothing more than to walk in smelling a pot of soup ready for me! Well, I don't exactly have a maid preparing my dinners for me upon arrival (nor would I want one) so I have to yearn for that feeling for just a little while longer.




Tomato soup and grilled cheese is OF COURSE a staple of fall and our pantry is ready to produce that quick, comforting supper any time we get the craving. But this idea for an upgraded version is genius and went over very well in the Gray household. And it only left me waiting for about 15 minutes!



You Need:
2 Cans Tomato soup
1 cup vegetable or beef broth
1-1.5 cup of milk or half and half
Grated Parmesan Cheese
Refrigerated Tortellini (I used cheese)
Seasonings (I used Italian seasoning, basil, parsley, salt, pepper, and garlic powder)








Boil Tortellini as directed in salted water and drain.





To a pot, combine tomato soup and broth, heating to medium. Gradually mix in milk/cream and stir. Add your seasonings.








Cook on medium low 10-15 minutes. Add your parmesan cheese.





Stir in your tortellini and call it a day! A warm, buttered roll finished us off.


Mmm...MMMm..Goood!


Enjoy :)
The Grays

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from y'all! Tell me what you think.