Sunday, April 10, 2011

Stay for Awhile...Distressed painted sign

I finished a quick little project this weekend...Another addition to our kitchen, the only room I seem to be making progress in! I saw a picture of Martina McBride's kitchen (which I LOVE!) and noticed the vintage-y sign that said "Stay for..."

I wanted to paint a welcoming rugged sign for our kitchen on the first wall you see when you come in.


I pulled a piece of wood out of Dad's garage and did my same distressed sign routine:

1. Paint a dark color and let dry.
2. Rub a wax candle over areas you want to show through (edges, random spots)
3. Paint top coat color and words.
4. Lightly hand-sand over the sign, pulling the top coat off of the waxed areas.


I attached hanger hardware to the back and displayed! I'm thinking of distressing a little more to have more black showing through, but I was so excited to hang it.


It's warm, inviting, and relaxing. Everything I want my kitchen to be.

Easter weekend, I'm tackling our cabinets, which will be the biggest project that I've taken on yet. Sean built our fence over spring break so its my turn to put some elbow grease into a huge project that will make a BIG impact. Wish me luck!!

XOXO,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from y'all! Tell me what you think.