Sunday, November 7, 2010

*~Housewarming Party~* And new house pics!

::"May your walls know joy,
May every room hold laughter,

And every window open to great possibility."::

Sean and I are so blessed with wonderful families. Joan, Mrs. Pam, Aunt Susie, and Aunt Mary hosted a housewarming party this past weekend for friends and family to come tour our new house and drop wishes for us into our wishing well.

There is no motivation like the thought (threat?) of having people walk through your house in a matter of weeks! I have been working non-stop on the house since we moved in, but it seems like so many big impact finishing touches were pulled off just the night before. I'll be posting each room soon, but first...

Take a look at the party...

They made an amazing spread of finger foods in the dining room and we served hot cider.

My dining room table is one of the new purchases I am most proud of. The legs are formed of 2 antique Singer sewing machines and the top is a chunky piece of gorgeous wood. I found it at a newly re-opened local flea market and loved it instantly. I was sold as soon as I saw the $100 price tag!
We have since decided that the price must have been a mistake...missing a zero...because it was just TOO good of a deal. She's pretty pricey on everything else I've tried to buy since. I'm looking for chairs to compliment it and will paint over the mustard walls too.

::"A house is built with boards and beams,
a home is built with love and dreams." ::




The cake was beautiful and so delicious! I've had a piece before bed every night since!

Candle and pictures were everywhere...

...And a greeting was written on my kitchen chalkboard.

The wives and fiances visited while the guys seemed to migrate to the backyard.


Baby Avery got passed around and loved on...sporting her Razorback onesie to cheer us to victory over South Carolina!


My friend Fredisha couldn't make it from Louisville where she is in Dental school, but her pop Mr. Fred...one of my favorite people ever, came!


Sean and Mr. Fred were tall, plaid twinkies:)


Linz and Meg with Avery, who decided it was time to go.


Mrs. Anna, my long-time friend and Sean's coworker.


The living room from the balcony.

Ashley and Nina on my flea market-find couch that I love!

A table of dips in the living room and my etagere that belonged to my Meemaw.


Visiting in the kitchen


Sean and his mom showing his Meemaw my art studio.


From the other end of the balcony.

::Walls for the wind, a roof for the rain,
and drinks beside the fire.
Laughter to cheer you and those you love near you,
and all that your heart may desire! ::



There was a nice autumn chill outside and the fire was so cozy.


Sean and I next to our wishing well. Guests dropped in cards of well wishes for our life together in our new house. Reading them at the end was the best part.

It was such a cute idea!


We were exhausted after being on our feet all day...not to mention the repeated tours up and down the stairs! But felt so grateful and blessed.

:: Home is where friendships are formed and families are grown;
where joy is shared and true love is known;
where memories are made and seeds of life are sown.
This is the place that people call HOME.
::


XOXO,
Katie and Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from y'all! Tell me what you think.