Thursday, December 2, 2010

"A dog is the only thing on earth that..."

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself."

Josh Billings proclaimed this in the 19th century. A timeless truth that, I believe, will never change.

My dogs can be work sometimes. When they are in a wild mood they can make me holler like I wish I wouldn't. But, there has never been a time that I needed their love that they did not give it. Never have I come into the house unacknowledged. Never have I sank into the couch with despair after a terrible day that I didn't feel a quiet presence place his tiny chin on my lap to say "I'm right here."

The older I get, the more I realize that people are just uncertain. Too often unreliable. Even friends. With the exception of our families, people in our lives can not be relied on 100 percent of the time. It's just human nature. There are many times the "humans" in my life have disappointed me...not been there when I needed them.

But my dogs are certain. Steadfast. Dependable. They harbor no resentment and hold no grudges no matter what is done to them. This is a trully remarkable trait.



This art piece is dedicated to my snuggly babies. My poopface and my owenbear.

Mama thanks you for being everything you are to me. Your every breath is precious and I love you with each of mine. "You're mama's best buddies."

XOXO,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from y'all! Tell me what you think.