Thursday, July 5, 2012

Dandelion Abstract


 I felt like our mantle needed a big statement piece to brighten up the room. And I love how this painting did exactly that.
 My aunt gave me a bunch of large canvases from her attic that I could paint over.  I used aqua, turquoise, yellow and gray for this abstract of a blowing dandelion and was able to knock it out in a couple hours...


You really notice it as soon as you walk in the room. First, I "drew" the dandelion and the pieces blowing in the wind with elmer's glue and let it dry over night to raise the dandelion off the canvas for a little texture. Then I painted over it all.
 

The living room is almost ready for that "after" picture:)

Have a great day!
Katie


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from y'all! Tell me what you think.