Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Numbered Drawer Hutch Makeover

The little country hutch in my kitchen was my Mom's. It was cute and sturdy but scratched all over and needed a facelift. I've been loving two-tone furniture pieces and stencil-numbered drawers on apothecary cabinets or dressers. 

 

I combined both tactics to makeover the hutch so it would fit with our decor.

Before:


 After:
I painted the base "Classic Creme", sanded and stained the drawers and doors with Dark Walnut Gel Stain, then dry-brushed cream paint over the top and wiped off. 


 I free-handed a "stencil" inspired number on each drawer with black acrylic paint.

It looks so cute! I use it to hold our cookbooks and extra bake-ware.

Another project for the books!

Coming up, I've got a shutter redo, rocking chair makeover, and wedding pic art to show. 

Have a Great Day!
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from y'all! Tell me what you think.