Saturday, April 10, 2010

Serving Tray from old picture frame


Making this serving tray was the quickest, easiest DIY project. I dug in the garage at home in a box of old picture frames and found this one that contained a faded, unusable picture.

I took the glass and picture out and set them aside, then cleaned it up with water and a rag. I sanded it lightly with a sanding block, then gave it a coat of espresso-colored paint, let it dry, and sprayed with a gloss sealer.

I picked up 2 drawer pulls at Hobby Lobby that were discounted; $1.50 for both. You would need to make sure your frame has a flat edge to screw the handles into.


And also picked out some decorative paper at Hobby Lobby. I chose a cursive script that looks like a letter or poem.
Lastly, I screwed the drawer pulls onto each side of the frame and put the paper and glass back in. So easy!

I have it on my coffee table right now, but it could work on a bathroom counter to hold lotions, cotton balls and soaps, or on a bedroom dresser.
I can't find the site I saw this project on but when I do, I'll be sure to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from y'all! Tell me what you think.