Sunday, August 8, 2010

Wishin' and hopin' and thinkin' and prayin'...


Today was the day! I just finished taking the NBCOT: National Board Certification in Occupational Therapy...and I'm relieved and still nervous at the same time. It was one of those exams where you come out thinking, 'I could have aced it or flunked it and I don't know which.'

I felt like I was on an episode of "House" some of the time with my little dry erase board and marker! ...Jotting down everything I knew about a client's symptoms and trying to decide the best treatment....saying to myself, "No, that can't be it. OH let's do this!"

Does anyone else do that? Talk yourself through an exam as if you are talking to multiple people? I guess it makes me feel like I'm not making decisions alone.

My life lately has consisted almost solely of studying for this exam, because I can't practice without it. My friend Meghan texted me this scripture just as I opened my book to study one day:

"Don't worry about anything, instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need and thank him for all he has done.

Then, you will experience God's peace which exceeds anything we can understand.

His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."

Philippians 4: 6,7

For the past 8 weeks, I prepared as much as I possibly could and know my brain couldn't hold or comprehend anymore, so I'm just hoping for the best. It wasn't always easy to find peace and quiet to concentrate with 4 pups pulling you in all directions and wanting to have playtime! There were times I was doubtful, stressed, or overwhelmed.

But it is now out of my hands...It is what it is!

I'm not wasting anytime transitioning... I start work at my new job tomorrow! I'm an Occupational Therapist with Goode Therapy Services in West Memphis, providing pediatric and geriatric home health, public school, day school, and adult developmental services.



Adjusting to new things is always a challenge, but I'm so excited to start. I'm also excited about the new therapy facility being built that will be unlike any other in our area. The community, and us as therapists, will really benefit from having a facility like the one GTS has in the works...Central Arkansas, where I completed school and clinicals, is rich with nice, advanced therapy facilities, and the plans for ours remind me of them. I cannot wait to work in it!



But getting to that point without a HUGE setback, will require a passing grade on this test...so I'm hopeful and waiting...

Give your burdens to the Lord, and he will take care of you.
He will not permit the Godly to slip and fall.
Psalm 55:22


XOXO,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from y'all! Tell me what you think.