Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Angel Hair Stir Fry

~My favorite quick-fix meal~

On those busy days when I'm not able to think about dinner until I'm so starved that my head is pounding and I'm about to lose my mind...I make this. It's the quickest-cooking meal I've come up with. Only a few minutes more than those 8-minuter lean cuisines (Doesn't that defeat the purpose...).

10-12 minutes from conception to completion. I snapped a pic of the start and finish time to prove it.

And it's SO YUM. It's a meal with perfect timing...
frozen stir-fry veggies: 6 minutes. Angel Hair Pasta: 6 minutes. Steak strips: 6 minutes.

Everything is done at once with just additional time for maneuvering a pot and a pan. The angel hair is a much tastier alternative to rice, in my opinion. The ingredients are staples in my kitchen so it's on hand whenever I need a quick fix.

Angel Hair Stir-Fry

Ingredients:
  • 16 oz pkg frozen stir-fry vegetables, whatever variety you like
  • 8-10 oz angel hair pasta
  • 1/2 lb thawed steak strips (Or chicken, pork, or shrimp...whatever you have)
  • Soy Sauce to taste, maybe 1/4 cup or so...Sorry, I don't measure ANYTHING!
  • About 1 cup beef broth
  • Olive Oil
My start time:


In a large pot, bring water to a boil and salt liberally (2 tbs). (Put the lid on and your water will boil super fast. Add angel hair. In skillet or wok, circle the pan 2-3 times with oil and begin sauteing steak strips, just to get them going before the pan is crowded.

After about a minute, add the bag of veggies.

Stir-fry on medium high for about 6 minutes. Shake with soy sauce to taste and add beef broth.
The pasta will be done at the same time, so using a pasta fork, lift noodles from water and toss into veggies. That's it!



My finish time:

It's usually 10... blame the extra 2 minutes on snapping pics! But you get the gist...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from y'all! Tell me what you think.