Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Cajun Pizza with Shrimp and Andouille

A couple of the kicks I've been on lately, cajun food and pizza, collided last week. I saw this recipe on Food Network's Ultimate Recipe Showdown. There was a home cook competing who was from Germantown and she actually won the competition with this pizza, except she used crawfish on that day.

I looked up her recipe, which had shrimp as a replacement. That was perfect because I could save some from the kabobs I made before.

It's a MUST-TRY. Sean was blown away..."This is my FAVORITE. EVER."

You know guys. They don't get impressed easily. So I knew it was a hit.

He said it had the perfect amount of spice (Of course, I didn't measure, but I'll give the measurements from her recipe.) There's not alot of pictures, because it's so EASY!

Cajun Pizza with Shrimp and Andouille

Ingredients:

Pizza crust, store-bought

Sauce:

1 (14 oz.) can tomato sauce

1 tsp. dried basil

1/4 tsp. dried oregano

1/8 tsp. black pepper

1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes or to taste

1 tbsp. butter

Topping:

1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

1 cup shredded pepperjack cheese

1/2 lb. andouille sausage, cooked, chopped

1/2 cup cooked shrimp, chopped

Chopped parsley, for garnish (I just used dried because its what I had)

Make sauce by combining ingredients.

Chop sausage and cook in skillet until done then drain fat.

Place the dough on a cookie sheet. Spread softened butter onto crust.

Add about 1/4 cup of pizza sauce in the middle of the dough and spread to the outer edges, leaving about a 1-inch margin. You can use more or less sauce if you like.

Sprinkle the sauce with mozzarella and pepper jack cheeses. Top with cooked crumbled sausage.

Bake for 10 minutes in a 450 degree oven. Remove pizza and top with cooked shrimp. Place back in oven and cook for an additional 2 minutes or until top is golden brown and bubbling.

Sprinkle with chopped parsley.

Recipe courtesy Gail Churinetz
*A few changes have been applied.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from y'all! Tell me what you think.