Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Banana Split Pie!

Running errands in the scorching heat yesterday gave me the biggest craving for a cool, summertime pie. Making a pie in the summertime when the sun is shining, the dogs are playing outside, and I have a little extra time on my hands puts me in the best mood! And no southern supper is complete without dessert...

Ingredients:

  • 1 ready made graham cracker crust
  • 1 8-ounce package cream cheese,softened
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 small can crushed pineapple, drained
  • 1 pound bananas, sliced (I used 3 large)
  • 1 container Cool Whip, thawed
  • 1 small jar maraschino cherries
  • 1 tablespoon nuts, chopped (I used peanuts, but pecans or walnuts would be great.)

Preparation:


Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, egg and vanilla.



Beat until smooth.



Spoon into pie crust.



Next, layer each remaining ingredient in order:

pineapple...



Sliced bananas...(I added some frozen strawberries too.)



Now add your Cool Whip and cherries. Top with nuts.


Let set for 1 hour in refrigerator. Slice and enjoy!

Happy Summer!


XOXO,

Katie


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from y'all! Tell me what you think.