Thursday, June 24, 2010

~Peanut Butter Banana Crunch~

Here comes another homemade re-make of a restaurant favorite. Tropical Smoothie Cafe is the perfect light and healthy summer lunch place so Sean and I both had the "Peanut Butter Banana Crunch" last week on a quick lunch date.

I've been making my own version at home as a quick (and healthy) sweet lunch or supper.

Ingredients:
wheat tortilla or pita pocket
crunchy peanut butter
1 banana, sliced
honey
Honey Bunches of Oats w/ Almonds cereal (or plain granola)


Spread peanut butter on tortilla and cover with sliced banana.

Drizzle with honey then sprinkle with a handful of cereal or granola.


Roll tortilla or fold in half. I don't have a fancy panini maker, but this works just the same! Put a little dot of butter in a skillet or spray with non-stick spray. Cover tortilla with a pot and press down. Toast up in the skillet for about 5 minutes or until golden.



MMmmm...Can you taste it? It's delicious!


XOXO,
Katie

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this recipe! I tried it two days ago and have already made 5 of these. My husband, my son and I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so welcome! And we make them all the time now too. I got some sandwich thins and plan to try one with those, and I also think it would be really good in a pita pocket!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from y'all! Tell me what you think.