Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Exam Prep Has Begun!

The 2-week countdown until the end of my clinicals has begun! I started reviewing for the National Board Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) about a month ago, since I work at a desk most days and have downtime to spare. But once clinicals are over, studying for the exam will be my full-time job!

I’m down to my last dollar as we’re nearing graduation so I can’t even fathom not passing and having to pay the LARGE sum of money again…and putting a hold on getting paid for real.

The exam format was changed a year ago and now includes therapy scenarios for which you decide what you would do, each decision building up to the next, rather than all standard multiple-choice. Dare I say what I have made on the practice tests so far?…Let’s just say I choose to view it as glass half full.


With Occupational Therapy's holistic nature, OTs have to have the most broad base of knowledge. Your education covers all ages, all diagnoses and all aspects of a person. Physical, mental, emotional, and psychosocial, and how all of those factors affect their functioning. That pretty much covers it all! So I've got alot of hours with my nose in the books ahead.



I remember telling a classmate less than a year ago. “I’m scared to not be a student, because that’s what I know how to do. I’m really good at it by now.”
I’m SO over that! I’ve never been more ready to give up anything than I am to give up my 6-year-running title as student. I’m ready to have control and freedom, to work my way, try my ideas, and, yes of course, get paid for my work.

{I LOVE what I do!}

I feel so blessed to have found a job that I am so excited about…

A job that doesn’t even feel like work…

A job that is so much fun to me.


Isn’t that the ultimate dream in life? But before that dream is mine, I’ve got to earn it one last time. So think about me over the next couple months and send me some smart vibes while I prepare for boards. I can’t wait for these next 2 weeks to be done so I can move on!



XOXO,

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from y'all! Tell me what you think.