Friday, June 25, 2010

Moving on UP!



Today is moving day! I have finished school and clinicals and am just preparing for the board exam and waiting for graduation. Sean has 3 days left of Non-Traditional Teaching classes and now we're headed back home after 6 years away.

~Home is a place you grow up wanting to leave, and grow old wanting to get back to.~ -John Ed Pearce

Dad is coming down to load up our loot and he and Sean are taking it all home while I stay in Conway for my board exam prep course for the next 2 days (who do you feel more sorry for?) The disorganization of all of our stuff shoved in boxes and bins for an indefinite amount of time (we don't have a house to move to yet!) gives me a wee bit of anxiety!

We're disbursing junk between my Dad's house, Sean's parents' house, our barn and Nonnie's rental so it's one big ole cluster.

I can't wait to be settled and grounded in my cozy home...My house will be like the biggest blank canvas I've ever gotten my creative hands on and that makes me more excited than a June bride in a feather bed!!


~"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is apart of ourselves. We must die to one life before we can enter another."~
-Anatole France



As all changes are, the move is bittersweet. We're leaving a town we love...and all our favorite places.

Pinnacle Mountain

The view is breathtaking!

We love to spend a day climbing up and enjoying some lunch at the top.

Oliver loves Pinnacle too!


Toad Suck Park

We love our little sandy hideaway on the river!

Our favorite restaurant for supper...The Pasta House!

It's pretty much the definition of "hole-in-the-wall". It's a tiny trailer in a big parking lot...but that trailer produces the BEST pasta dishes. They've given me so many ideas for recipes that I now make on a regular basis. There's nothing better than finding your "regular" place; where you have the same waiter every time who already knows your order. I'm a little heartbroken just thinking about missing this place:(


Our favorite lunch place: Holly's Country Cookin'


It's so popular, there's always a line out the door. The no-fuss southern comfort food brings college kids, old couples, and professionals in for some countrified goodness of chicken-n-dressing, chicken fried steak, and mexican beef casserole. It was our place to "celebrate" any small victory or just meet up with friends, so I'll be taking alot of memories from Holly's.


We'll miss being right up the road from Beaverfork lake and spending days at the dog park. I'll definitely miss having Hobby Lobby and TJ Maxx just on the other side of town! But family and friends make up a "home" so we couldn't be more ready to start our lives back there. We're moving from our college town to our hometown...from a temporary home to a permanent home...from student career to professional career. It's a big change, but a welcome one.

"If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies."


XOXO,
Katie


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from y'all! Tell me what you think.